Thursday 5 March 2009

Equipment and Software



1) Apple Mac Laptop - The Mac was pretty much the main resource of my project, research, blogging, planning, editing and evaluation. Without the mac my project would probably have been rendered impossible. As the laptop has been at college I've only used it during lesson so have had to use the time wisely.

2) HD Camera - This is the first time we have used these HD Cameras, compared to the college cameras these are pretty amazing. The HD cameras are so much more advanced and gave the project a more professional feel.

3) Camera - I used the camera for the titles.

4) Microphone - For the sound of school children I went to a nearby primary school and used the microphone to record them, I found that even thought it picked up the sound of the children really well it also picked up other sounds such as cars and other pedestrians, I overcame this problem by recording in short burst and then looping the better quality recordings.

5) Tripod - Keeping the camera steady while recording.

6) Head Phones - Listening to the music chosen and placing sound effects into the film.

7) Fire wire Cable - Connecting Cameras to the Mac.


After Effects.
This is the first time I have used after effects. It took me some time to really understand what to do but I managed to create my own production logo called "Rupture and, Films". Even though I used it for my Production logo I did not have time to use it for my actual film which I would have liked to do.


iStopmotion.
I am very comftable with iStopmotion, I have used it many times before with other projects so I decided to use it with this project. I reused the same idea with the titles I had done with other another project using pen and paper then taking a selection of pictures then placing them in iStopmotion to create a flicker effect.


Final Cut.
We used Final Cut for our editing. I became very comftable with using Final Cut during this project even though I have used it before. I had a few problems with inserting music and sound effects but I soon over came this by messing around with it.

No comments: